• Archives
  • Categories
  • Jeremy Clarkson: ‘Assault’ of Top Gear’s Oisin Tymon investigated by UK police

    2019 - 06.21

    Clarkson’s road to ruin
    苏州美甲美睫培训学校

    Matters may be about to get a whole lot worse for Jeremy Clarkson after UK police confirmed they are investigating the alleged assault that led to the Top Gear star being sacked.

    North Yorkshire Police have asked for a copy of the BBC’s internal investigation into a fracas involving Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon at the Simonstone Hall Hotel in the Yorkshire Dales.

    “The information will be assessed appropriately and action will be taken by North Yorkshire Police where necessary,” they said in a statement.

    The BBC investigation, conducted by senior executive Ken MacQuarrie, made clear the seriousness of the alleged incident, which took place on March 4 on the hotel patio.

    “Oisin Tymon was subject to an unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson,” concluded MacQuarrie. “During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently.”

    The alleged attack – which MacQuarrie said Clarkson admitted – was only halted when a bystander stepped in to break it up.

    Clarkson continued to abuse Tymon after the incident using “the strongest expletives and threats to sack him”.

    Tymon then drove himself to a local accident and emergency department for attention to his injuries.

    The fracas allegedly erupted after Clarkson was told the hotel kitchen had closed and he couldn’t be served steak and chips for supper.

    In his own statement announcing Clarkson’s dismissal, BBC Director-General Tony Hall said a line had been crossed.

    “There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations,” he said. Clarkson fans left in the dark

    Tens of thousands of local fans hoping to attend next month’s two-day Top Gear festival in Sydney have been left in the lurch after Clarkson’s sacking.

    Organisers of the Top Gear Festival planned for April 18 and 19 at Sydney Motorsport Park, Eastern Creek were scrambling on Thursday morning to respond to news that the corporation had punted Clarkson.

    “We are working through the implications of today’s announcement with our partner Brand Events and will make a definitive statement on the Live tour as soon as possible,” said BBC Worldwide in a statement.

    Clarkson has a seven-figure contract with BBC Worldwide to front the live shows staged around the world.

    BBC Worldwide insisted it was “still planning ahead as scheduled” but chances of the event taking place are looking increasingly unlikely, especially after an event in Norway has already been cancelled before the bombshell announcement.

    As of Thursday morning tickets for up to $400 to see “Jeremy, James and Richard all together for the first time” were still being sold on Ticketek’s website.

    It is unclear how many tickets have already been sold for 2015 but last year about 46,000 motorsport fans attended the Sydney event to see their idol, Clarkson, and watch events including “Star in a Car” and “Car Football”.

    Follow Entertainment on Twitter

    This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.

    Comments are closed.